Are you a citizen or a permanent resident of Japan? Are you aware of this new law?


A recently-passed tax law in Japan requires Japanese citizens and permanent residents to report for the first time their foreign assets (assets held outside of Japan). If you or someone you know is a citizen or permanent resident and owns assets outside of Japan on December 31, 2013 in excess of 50 million yen in aggregate value, you or they will have to be report them to Japanese tax authorities on a special new form for the first time when your 2013 Japanese taxes are filed early in 2014.

Visit Adrian Rowles Financial Advisor to learn more about investing for retirement.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s